- Civil aviation and regulatory authorities Airline operators
- Airport operators
- Air navigation service providers.
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Identify key factors for a sustainable aviation sector
- Address specific environmental challenges within your organization
- Contribute to the timely implementation of improvements on technology, operations and infrastructure
- Develop evaluation methods for proper environmental assessment Update communication messages and tools
- Adopt a global mind-set conducive to collaboration and knowledge transfer Apply the critical-thinking skills needed in today’s commercial aviation
- Evaluate key areas of an aviation business based on standards and best practices
The curriculum includes the following topics:
Module 1: Introduction to the environmental challenge:
- Examine the concept of sustainability in aviation
- Social, economic and environmental impacts
- Key factors for a sustainable air transportation industry
- Environmental challenges such as climate change, noise, land use planning, local air quality and water/waste management
- The Flight Environment: effects on the pilot, Effects of Pollution
Module 2: Aviation and climate change
- General overview of global warming
- Aviation four pillar strategy – technology
- Four pillar strategy – operations, infrastructure, economic measures
- Specific goals and targets
- Regulatory, Institutional framework and Future standards
- Role of ICAO and UNFCCC
- The Protocols/State Action Plans
- PARIS AGREEMENT
Module 3: Towards sustainable aviation, Technological and operational improvements
- Aircraft engine emissions/Emission Monitoring tools: Evaluation methods for environmental assessment (including Environmental certification ISO 14001, ISO 50001, EU EMAS)
- Sustainable Alternative Fuels (SAF), Development and commercialization
- Mitigating Aviation Emissions
- CORSIA (Carbon Offsetting and Reduction Scheme for International Aviation) plan for achieving carbon neutral growth from 2020, EU’s emission trading scheme, Market Based Measures
- Air Traffic Management (ATM) and Operations.
Dr. R. Alberto Bernabeo
Professor at Abu Dhabi University
Registration service is not available at this time.
Oops! Something went wrong.
Date and Time
27/11/2018 - 29/11/2018
08:00 AM - 02:00 PM
Aviation and the Environment
A Certificate of Completion is awarded to all participants.